Monday, November 28, 2011

What Will You Do?

Yesterday marked the beginning of the 2011 Advent season. As we step into this time of year, many of us are filled with thoughts wondering what to get each person on our Christmas lists. There are children and parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends, coworkers and aquaintances. The list goes on and on.

Last week, as I prepared my Sunday School lesson, the question that rolled around in my mind was one that struck me in a profound sort of way and is still on my mind. What will I do for Jesus this Christmas season? We are-in fact-celebrating His birthday. His gift should be the one to be most concerned with. Thinking on this question, I look at myself and think about what I have to offer Him. He has given me abundant life and promises too numerous to mention here in a few words. Anything I can think of seems to come up short. However, as I search my heart and pray for guidance, I trust He will help me to know what it is I should give Him.

Have you considered this question before? Maybe, this question is one you focus on each year. If not, maybe you would like to think about it. In the hustle and bustle of this Christmas season, let's not forget the wonderful, blessed gift of Jesus we have all been given. May we remember the true meaning of this holiday is not gifts, but the giving of life from our Savior, Jesus Christ to each and every person who will call on His name to be saved (John 3:16-17).

So my question for you is this: what will you give (or do for) Jesus this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...