Monday, November 21, 2011

Powerful Praise

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." James 1:2 NASB

What trials are you facing today? Have you thanked the Lord for them? James admonishes us to consider it all joy when trials and hardships come along. Something from this passage of Scripture that leaped squarely off the page into my focus, and rested on my heart was the word when. James doesn't say if-he says when. Dear friend, trials will come. If you haven't encountered them yet then God bless you, however they will undoubtedly come to us all in one form or another. Likewise, for those of us who have and are encountering them now, how are we handling them?

Acknowledging His sovereignty over our lives and laying it all down before Him, that is the greatest gift we can give Him. Tough times are around us everywhere. I don't think I know of anyone who is not encountering some kind of trial at this time. Each one is very different. Each person deals with their "stuff" differently. However, don't judge a book by its cover. Realize that some are more private than others and do not want to share it. Yet, for the most part, we all struggle or have challenges of some kind.

Can you praise Him anyway? Can you lift your hands, right now wherever you are and thank God for all the things in your life, good and bad? Will you trust Him to "never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5) and to be with you wherever you go? Relying on Him and going through trials will test our faith and produce endurance.

Here we have another promise. When our faith is tested it produces endurance. In order to run a marathon, we must have endurance. Like a marathon, this life on earth we have been given to live takes endurance. It is riddled with times of testing. How we go through it is what matters. Are we going to allow it to make us bitter or better? The choice is one each of us make, each and every time we come up against some kind of trial.

Let's commit to raising our hands and falling on our knees praising God through the storm, until we see the sun break through. He loves you so much. He knows every part of you, even to the hairs on your head. Trust Him. Have faith in Him. Give Him all of you.

Dear heavenly and gracious Father,
Lord, thank You for Your promises. Thank You for always being with me and guiding me through every day. Help me to trust in You more and more each day. I pray for Your guidance, wisdom and discernment as I face trials. Help me Lord, to look to You, lean on Your Word, and praise You in the midst of all that happens.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...