Sunday, June 28, 2020

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go, I go to the water. Salt water or fresh water, it really doesn't matter. But looking out over the water brings peace to my soul.

Kayaking has been a special pastime for me for a few years now. However, because of a frozen shoulder, I wasn't able to paddle for the past couple years. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend some time at the lake kayaking and it felt good. Getting out on the water, feeling the breeze in my face and the hot sun beating down was restorative.

As I paddled away from the shore, my heart turned to the Lord in prayer for many cares and pains that were on my heart. It felt like freedom to pass those things to Him. We had such a sweet time of fellowship!

Sometimes, life just sucks. There are so many negative things. There are unfathomable hurts and pains that seem to crush us beneath their heavy load. I was talking to the Lord about them, when He gracefully interrupted me and asked me to be still.

I surrendered to His call and allowed His beauty and peace to soak in my soul. I paddled up the lake and it was smooth and I seemed to speed right along. After a short time, I stopped and just soaked it in. I relaxed my paddle and listened to the water lapping on the kayak. The birds chirping on the shore. The noises of people in their yards at the lake. The wind blowing through the trees.

All this helped me focus on the God of the universe who created all of it. Who knows all that is going on in our world, and all that is going on in mine. The thing that continues to amaze me is that He cares about all of it. I simply rested in His goodness and mercy. After some time of rest, I began to paddle back.

I was in a place in the lake where you have to work hard to get moving. The wind was blowing against me and the current in the lake was pushing against me. In that moment the Lord nudged my soul. "When you are in sync with Me, listening to Me and following My way, willing to surrender everything to me - you will cruise along. But when you forget Me or ignore me and try to do it all alone, You will struggle and fight."

"Be still and know that I am God," Psalm 46:10 continues to roll through my mind and soul. Do you have a place where God speaks to your heart? Are you tuned in to God when the world around you is crazy and everything seems to be falling apart? Are you willing to surrender everything and follow Him?

1 comment:

  1. iCloud Remover Crack allows you to bypass iCloud you have locked. You can bypass any iCloud activation easily with this program. You can unlock iCloud and activate iOS devices. The procedure of unlocking the devices is simple and clear. It comes with a simple user interface, which is easy to use, even further beginners or novice users. This tool comes handy when your device has locked with iCloud, and you don’t know the password. You just have to download this program and connect your not iOS device, including iPhone or iPad do your computer via a USB cable network. It provides the required information on the screen. You can choose the option to remove the lock and bypass iCloud activation from her iOS device.

    ReplyDelete

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...