Friday, June 15, 2012

Safe in the Shepherd's Arms

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want." Psalm 23:1 NKJV

This week I have been memorizing Psalm 23. In my time memorizing, I have also been meditating on the significance of this verse. Sheep are not self-sufficent. They are helpless and in need of someone to tend, care for, and protect them. For them to be safe and secure, they need a shepherd. We are no different.

We are in need of a Helper. Someone who gets us. Someone who loves us unconditionally. Someone who is there for us no matter the situation or circumstance. Being human, we are flawed. As much as we may want to be self-sufficient, we are all in need of a Savior (Shepherd) who is there for us and knows our needs before we ask (Matthew 6:8).

Please don't misinterpret this passage of Scripture. It does not guarantee we will be exempt from hard times or difficult circumstances. It also does not mean that we will be given everything we want.

I encourage you to read the rest of this Psalm. I think you will find-as I have-your rest will be found in Him. Trust your life in the nail-scarred hands of Jesus as your personal Savior. Allow Him to be your Shepherd.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...