Saturday, April 28, 2012

Comfort of the Psalms

Do you ever get heavy hearted? For me, reading the Psalms help me see God differently when I feel burdened and heavy laden. This week I thought I would share some that have touched my heart in a special way now and times in the past.

Jesus is our Refuge, Redeemer, Saviour, and Friend. Allow Him to speak to you as you read through the Words from Psalms. May you be blessed and changed from the inside out.

Psalm 71:1 In You, O Lord, I put my trust.
                   Let me never be put to shame.

Psalm 71:19-21 Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high,
                          You who have done great things;
                          O God, who is like You? 
                          You, who have shown me great and severe troubles,
                          Shall revive me again,
                          And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
                          You shall increase my greatness,
                          And comfort me on every side.

Psalm 91:1-2 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
                      Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                      I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
                      My God, in Him I will trust."

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, because He has heard
                        My voice and my supplications.
                        Because He has inclined His ear to me,
                        Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

Dear friend, I pray in Jesus' name that these Scripture passages will comfort you and encourage you to grab your Bible and seek out His Word to you and your life. Remember, God loves you, Jesus dies for you, and the Holy Spirit dwells in all Christians. I urge you, give your life to Him-fully and completely. Whatever He is calling you to, say yes. It will change your life. Put you all in the palm of His hands and have faith.

In Him,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...