Monday, March 21, 2011

Who Is In Control?

I must apologize for my lack of posting in the last little bit. Still, God is busy at work and He is answering prayers and moving things forward-always. Have you ever really stopped to think about what God is doing in heaven? I have. I have read through the Scriptures looking for glimpses into heaven and there are some awesome ones! Sometimes we think of God sitting on His throne basking in praise and laying back. However, the Bible tells us He is at work also. Job 1:6-12 we see God is having a meeting. It says, "the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them" (verse 6 NKJV). If you read through this portion of Scripture, it should become apparent to you that Satan is not allowed to do anything without God's say so. The Lord is in control. That is a promise you can count on. He has your best interests at heart. Sometimes in all of the day to day things: heartache, a bad diagnosis, children gone awry and anything else that you are struggling with, it is hard to see God. What if you put God in front of it all and looked at the circumstances through Him? What if you clung to the promise from Hebrews 13:5 that says, "I (meaning God) will never leave you nor forsake you" (NKJV)? When we view life through the Lord instead of the Lord through our circumstances we are left with a peace that cannot be explained. Realize that God holds the whole world in His hands, that means He holds YOU too. I pray that He will be with you and that you will accept His gift of peace, joy and love. If you do not yet have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, scroll down to my blog post "The Greatest Promise" and accept His gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...