Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trusting, Trusting

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your path.” Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord. Do you find that a difficult task? Do you sometimes think you should be able to handle it—whatever it is—all by yourself? Many times we trust in our own abilities and brilliance to get us through. This passage of Scripture tells us different. We can put our faith in Jesus Christ and then trust in Him with ALL our heart. This is what He desires of us: our whole heart. As a race, humans can get headstrong and independent. We think we have all the answers to all the problems of the world; yet when it comes to our own lives, they may be quite a mess. Leaning on the Lord to give understanding is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. Having the ability to admit to our shortcomings is a gift. We are unable to do it all, or know it all. However, with the presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells within each believer, we have the power to seek guidance from the Lord about any and every situation in our lives. When we look to Him for direction and guidance, we are admitting to our inability to do it all on our own. This is a positive step. This is the kind of humility God can use. There is tremendous freedom in allowing God to take the lead of your life. I have found there is much less stress in my life when I allow Him to take the driver’s seat. Whenever I get independent and think I can do it alone, fear and frustration set in. Yet, giving the lead back to Him results in peace that I cannot explain. Whatever we do, we can make a choice to keep God at the front. Give Him all of your cares and concerns then trust His decisions. He will direct you and take you places you could not imagine going. Remember to acknowledge Him in all you do. Take the time to listen to what He is saying to you. He will amaze you.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord I give You thanks and praise for who You are.
Take my life Lord and lead me in Your way.
Mold me and make me into Your image. Forgive me for being headstrong and independent.
Heal my heart and guide my life. Lord, I give You control and trust in Your will.
In Jesus' holy and mighty name I pray, Amen. If you are not a Christian and would like to understand more, scroll down the page to my blog post titled, The Greatest Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...