Thursday, August 26, 2010

Changes, Changes

Fall is quickly approaching. It is easy to see here in Nova Scotia. The evenings are beginning to chill off. The days are getting shorter. The first day of school is just around the corner. Even the leaves are in the first stages of change. Our lives are a series of changes. We are born, then we grow into toddlers, young children, preteens, teenagers and then adults. Through each step and stage, there are challenges and many changes. Do you remember your first day of school? I don’t. What about the day you got married? I remember it as though it were yesterday. I was so happy. I found the person who was going to make me happy forever. Not long after that, we had our first spat. It was over something so insignificant – I can’t even remember! Do you remember your children being born? What joy! Looking at that beautiful face, counting fingers and toes, marveling at the beauty and perfection that lay in my arms! Children bring about much change in life. For me, nothing will ever be the same. After having children, my thoughts and opinions have changed very much. Accepting the Lord in my life as an adult has brought change as well. This is another place where my thoughts and opinions have radically changed. My priorities have shifted to the eternal rather than here and now. With Jesus Christ as the centre of my life, I no longer dwell on the “things” I don’t have. I rejoice in my relationship with Him. Through all the changes that have happened and the ones that will happen, Jesus remains the constant. Though I did not always know Him or have a relationship with Him, He has always known me. He has been a gentleman, patiently waiting for me to call on His name. When I did, He was true to His word and came to my rescue. He will do the same for you if you will let Him. Through all the changes Jesus is there, longing to be the One True anchor in all of our lives. Will you release your cares and worries? Will you call out to Him in your good times and bad? Will you allow His promises to satisfy your soul? If you will, there is no change too big or too hard for you to get through. He will take you through every valley leading and guiding your every step. Look to Jesus to be the foundation of your life and you will not go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...