Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Snow - New Life

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow,"
Psalm 51:7 NKJV
This morning as I crawled out of bed and looked out the window, my eyes were blessed with the beauty of a new fallen snow. Now, please don't misunderstand me. I do not like snow, but something inside me rose up and took in the beauty of my world covered with a fresh blanket of new-fallen snow. I pulled on some clothes, boots, gloves, coat, and hat; grabbed the shovel and opened the door. Much to my surprise the snow was packed against the bottom of the door so I found myself shoveling before my feet exited the house.
As I was shoveling, I enjoyed close communion with my Lord and prayed for and about many things. During this time, I couldn't help but notice how clean everything looked. As I moved the snow away, the dirt began to show and my heart was drawn to a powerful truth of our lives in Jesus.
When we come to Jesus, He cleans us. He washes us by His blood that He shed at Calvary for our sins and He makes us clean: "whiter than snow". Just as the new fallen snow covers the dirt and mess of this world, Jesus blood cleanses us from our sin and makes us new creations. However, it is not long before we go back to our human ways and commit sin: large or small. A negative thought, a judgment towards someone, overeating, lust, jealousy: you name it. These things are all sin in our lives and push away the cleanliness that Jesus offers us by His blood.
The question in all of this is: what will we do about the dirty sin in our lives? Will we continue in it or will we repent and seek restoration with Jesus and seek to be cleansed once again? Without repentance there is no salvation. Without repentance there is no restoration. You get to choose. Jesus is calling and waiting for you to make a decision. When you do He is good to bring you back to a healthy and thriving relationship with Him. Choose Him today.
Blessings, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...