Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bye Bye Negativity

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting,"
 (Psalm 139:23-24 NKJV).
 
 
We are beginning a new year. A chance to begin again. For some of us that is a great thing, some of us may be a bit apprehensive at the thought of another year. Wherever we find ourselves, excited or anxious, here we are.
 
 
Life can be tough. Thoughts swirl around in our heads like the makings of a smoothie. Round and round the pieces fly, breaking into bits, yet some stubborn ones refuse to break up and blend in. What can we do with those stubborn bits? We don't have to live bound by thoughts that tear us up, regrets that seem to always find their way to the top don't have priority unless we allow them to. However, in the midst of those looming regrets, failures, and (may I just say it) stupidity on our part or someone else's we aren't forsaken.
 
We have a Savior who has already paid the price for our failings. Jesus loves us and longs for us to come to Him with those woes that keep us hesitant about the future. Do you know who holds the future? God does. Not your boss, not your spouse, not your failures, not the voice screaming inside you that tells you that you're not good enough, strong enough, smart enough, skinny enough, or anything else it may say.
 
If you are struggling with any negative views of yourself: STOP right now. Surrender to the Lord. Jesus is waiting. Pray the Scripture at the top of this post and wait for His answer. He will search you and guide you. 2016 has the potential to be an amazing year - will you give it to Him and allow Him to "lead you in the way everlasting"? 
 
Praying for you, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...