Saturday, February 27, 2016

Who Is Lord in Your Life?

Is God Lord of your life? How do you know?
 
"And Elijah came to all the people, and said, 'How long will you falter between two opinions?
 If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.'
 But the people answered him not a word." 1 Kings 18:21 NKJV
 
As I read this passage of Scripture, I began to ponder what God being Lord of my life truly means. Is He the One I go to when I have exciting news to share? worries that seem too big? financial burdens that seem insurmountable? a spouse or child who frustrate me? a job that is too difficult? Do I take these burdens quietly to the Lord or do I find someone to share them with and complain?
 
Is He my first choice when I am struggling or do I:
eat?
cry?
call a friend?
go shopping?
escape in a book?
run?
...
 
When God is truly Lord of our lives, we go to Him first, seeking His counsel and direction. Trust me, I am not pointing the finger at anyone. As I meditated on these thoughts, I was brought to a place of deep repentance and forgiveness. Choosing God first is what I aspire to. Though I am imperfect, He's working on me and guides me into deeper truth each time I seek Him. Trusting Him with those things that are tough draws us nearer to His heart. Admitting to our failures and seeking healing and restoration is a humbling and growing experience: one I wouldn't trade for anything.
 
My challenge to you is to pray and seek the Lord's direction. Ask Him how you're doing and open your heart and mind to hear the truth. Only then can we truly be humble enough to be repentant and seek restoration and healing. Growth is never easy, but it is worth it.
 
Blessings to you on your journey into intimate relationship with Christ, Natalie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...