Friday, May 6, 2011

Faith in the Fire

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!"
Psalm 27:13,14 NKJV

Have you seen the goodness of the Lord or have you given up? Are you wondering if He is really there or if He has forsaken you? I have been there. I have wondered if God really cared. Over the past few years I have learned something very important in all of this.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5 NKJV

I have found that to trust in Him means to step out on faith, to do the things He asks of me even when they are hard. Sometimes it means people won't like me and sometimes it means I run the risk of looking like a fool. God is real, He is there and He has a perfect plan for your life. To find His plan may mean you have to give up your plan. It may mean giving up on the pursuit of something you think is so incredibly important. It remains true that if your plan lines up with His will-He will bring you to that place victoriously despite the circumstances that may be blocking you. His plan is perfect for your life and that may also mean walking through some fires.

Don't despise time spent in the fire. Change your focus and attitude about it. When we put precious metals into the fire, it refines them and makes them pure. With your attitude and heart focused on God, your time in the fire will refine you too. While in the fire, focus on seeking His face and His will, His Word and His ways and you will come through the fire, refined and pure...victorious in Him.

With many blessings,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...