Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Perfect Peace

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" John 14:27 NKJV.

Do you believe this promise? Can you begin to wrap your mind around this promise that came to believers right from His own lips? This morning in my oldest daughter's Bible lesson was this promise. I read it over and over considering myself. Do I believe this? Yes, I do!! Does my heart get troubled? At times it does. Why? Because I have failed to imprint this promise on my heart and claim it for my own.

As a growing and maturing Christian, I love to read and study the Word of God. His promises are woven in the text of the Bible throughout every bit of writing from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21! That excites me beyond anything else I can imagine. As I read and study, the Bible comes alive to me. The words that are recorded speak to my soul in ways that I cannot describe.

This morning as I read through this Scripture, I had to stop and think about it. How do I prevent fear and worry to take over? The solution is the same prescription as getting rid of any other negative: more of Him. More of God, more of the Word of God, more time spent in His presence in prayer, fasting and listening for His voice. More following His will and His way for each moment of every day of my life. The closer I draw to Him, the fewer times of fear, hopelessness and despair I will experience.

What about you? Are you ready to take the plunge to trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and spirit? Are you ready to believe that He can give you lasting and perfect peace? Are you willing to take the time to memorize and study the Word of God so you will be able to claim His promises for your life?

We do not live in a perfect world. Jesus told us we will have times of trouble, but in the same breath He promised that He is in control (John 16:33). Will you allow Him to be in control? Will you take the time necessary to develop a deep and lasting relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? Will you call on Him and obey His voice so you can accept His gift of everlasting peace and eternal life?

Consider it dear one. Jesus loves you and will come to you if only you will call on Him. "Jesus said to Him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...