Monday, May 16, 2011

Obedient Prayer

It amazes me how God can speak to the heart and accomplish just what He says He will do. As humans we can be fickle and forgetful, but God is not like that. Let me share an awesome experience.

Last week, I had a lot going on in my life and house. There were days that I did not spend as much time in the Lord's presence as I would have liked to. I think that happens to all of us by times. Sunday mornings we get up and ready for church and go early so we can pray. (We are in the middle of replacing our church which was consumed by fire on the 22nd of March so our prayers are not only for the service but for direction and unity in the body as we stretch toward the goal of rebuilding.)

We were a bit late on this past Sunday-later than usual anyway-and I rushed to the place where I normally go to meet with the Lord. As I took my spot and opened my prayer, I felt the urge to just be still and quiet. As I knelt there I felt a peace and stillness fill my heart. Within a short time a still, small voice within my soul asked me to pray for the seats in our sanctuary. I quickly thought that I didn't know how many there were, but just as quickly remembered my husband telling me two weeks ago that they changed the layout and set up 109 chairs.

I trusted in the fact that if God asked me to do it and I was obedient, He would do what He said. We had a wonderful service and I was filled. After the service was over, I went to the back and checked the count and what do you suppose I found? 109! I felt a joy and peace flood my soul. What a wonderful gift! Who else could do something like that? I must admit, I was amazed but I shouldn't be. God is so good-ALL the time. He is trustworthy and keeps His promises. It wasn't long after that I realized each and every time we pray in His will, what He wants for our lives, He will provide.

His reminder to me is one I share with you because we all need to know that we serve a Saviour who loves us and desires a personal relationship with each of us. Have you opened your heart and your prayer life to Him? Do you take the time to quietly wait in His presence for an answer? He is waiting for you. He wants all of you. He will ever be with you and lead and guide your life to give you life more abundant.
With many blessings,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...