Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sufficient Grace

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness," (2 Corinthians 12:9 NKJV). Is His grace sufficient for you? In my Christian walk, I have found His grace to be all sufficient. I have gone through spiritual battles, family problems, and health issues (my own, family and friends) just like everyone else. Each time a battle surfaces in our lives, we have a choice to make. Either we can decide to take control and deal with the problem ourselves or we can choose to pray and release our cares to God. When I choose to deal with it myself, it usually becomes a great burden, too overwhelming to deal with. The fear can grow out of control turning into a monster. On the other hand, if I consciously choose to take the time to pray and give it over to God's way and timing, then I experience peace. Please don't get me wrong. I didn't say it was easy; but I do experience a peace that surpasses all logic. Knowing that I cannot control the outcome, but realizing that Jesus can, gives me wonderful peace. Admitting my weakness opens the door to allow God to be God, revealing His strength through me. Each one of us has limitations but God's power to take us through difficult (even impossible) circumstances is limitless! Are you able to let go of all the "bad" things you are dealing with right now? Are you able to say to God, "Have thine own way Lord," and truly mean it? Can you admit to your inability to control the events of your life and relax, knowing that God who created everything you see out of nothing cares and is truly in control? Will you step out of the way and give God control of your life and say to Him, "Your grace is sufficient for me," meaning it? Jesus died so we may have abundant life, not just a mediocre one. Lean on Him. Allow Him to "run" your life. Give Him the control and grab on tight. Follow Him wherever He leads. It may not always be easy, but you will never be alone. Trust in the One who loves you completely and have faith that His grace is sufficient and it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...