Sunday, September 26, 2010

Active Faith

“Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know,” (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV). This promise recorded in the Old Testament is so often taken lightly in the day and age we live in today. We have a great and mighty Savior, who died for our sins and cares for each one of His children as much as a mother cares for her newborn babe. So many times we pray and do not hear an audible voice answering our prayers and are deceived into believing that God did not hear us. Do not be deceived dear ones. God hears every prayer, those spoken and those of the heart. Faith is not acquired without some action. We are not born with enough faith to last us our lifetimes. To grow our faith, we must do our part. Living in close relationship with the Lord, praying constantly and continually calling upon His name are all ways to grow your faith. Remember, His timing is not necessarily the same as yours. I remember praying for a change in my husband’s job. He was working long, tiresome shifts. Our children were very small and they didn’t see him very much. I was getting as stressed out as he was. We were becoming more and more disconnected as a family and I prayed that God would make a change. Oh, how He has a sense of humour! Not long after I began praying, Rollie lost his job. That was certainly NOT the kind of change I was looking for. Now, being able to look back, I am able to see God’s mighty hand at work in many areas of our lives. Had he stayed in the job he was in, we may not be where we are in our relationships with the Lord. Have faith in the fact that God sees “the big picture” when all we see is the small corner of our situation in the moment we are in. Whatever you may be struggling with or whatever situation you are in, call on Him and He will answer you. Trust Him and have faith in Him, knowing that He loves you completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...