Friday, January 14, 2011

Jesus is Our Refuge

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS," (Matthew 11:28-29 NASB) The last month has been a very busy time for me. I'm sure that you know what I mean. When I get busy, it becomes eay to "let things slide" that I would normally do. Maybe the floor won't get swept as often. The laundry room may get piled up more than normal or maybe the dishes get left until sometime later. What about time with the Lord? Well, I don't like to admit it, but I will be the first to raise both hands and claim, guilty! I have allowed "life" to get between me and my time with the Lord. When that happens things spiral out of control. I become short-tempered, frustrated, and irritable with a tendency to become overwhelmed and depressed. Reading this verses remind me to look to Jesus. He does not want or expect me to carry heavy burdens. However, it is my responsibility to seek Him out, bring the burdens to Him, unload it all, and leave my worries, fears, and cares in His hands. Are you heavy-laden? Are you burdened? Are you ready to unload it all? Is there something you can do about it? The answer is YES!! Spend time in His presence: read the Bible, pray, pray , pray, and wait on the Lord. Give Him time to reveal His will to your heart. Allow the Holy Spirit to fill you and wash over you, cleansing and healing all the way. Giving it all to Him and He will bring you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...