Thursday, June 4, 2020

What's New?

Wow! It has been a very long time since I've been blogging. So much has happened and I've been extremely busy, but I've decided to return to share some things with you. Some things I've learned, some things I've experienced, some wonderful things God is doing in my life. But, luckily for you, I will not share them all at once. 😊

One blessing that has stayed with me is the power of God and His transforming power in my life. 

Since I last wrote, our middle and youngest daughter have graduated homeschool high school and our oldest graduated University. All three of our girls are now women. During that time, I completed my studies, my internship, two years of ministry training, and ordination happened! How did we get here? I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through the last years without His peace and presence.

I've ventured out of my comfort zone on many occasions and have embraced the call God has placed on my heart: prayerfully I will tell you, sometimes kicking and screaming a bit (total transparency). No matter what has happened nor the hurdles I've faced, I have never been alone. Through it all there has been One who stays so near. The presence and power of Jesus has been with me all the way.

Have I always felt His presence? No. But even in those quiet and seemingly dark times, there has always been a sliver of light. Yet, I have only found it when I have intentionally looked up.

There were days I didn't think I could look up, yet His words that I have hidden in my heart (Psalm 119:11) remind me that He is near. His promises to me, keep my heart focused on Him even when everything seems too difficult because He promises never to leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).

How are you doing? Are you questioning Him in a dark and lonely space? Are you soaring on the heights because of all the blessings He is pouring out? Wherever you are, whatever state you find yourself in right now - praise the Lord. 

"Be thankful in all circumstances for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus," (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT).

Be blessed, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...