Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Perfect Plan

Hebrews 12:1 says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us," (NIV emphasis added).

God has a plan for everyone. The plan He has for me probably differs from yours, as yours is probably different from the next person. Many times I have struggled with knowing God's voice and plan for my life. However, right now I am clear about the call He has placed on me for this time. Now in saying that I must tell you that knowing is not always the easiest thing. Once we know, we need to step out in faith and do. Trusting His will and plan for our lives can be difficult, but following Him is the best place to be.

Being in the Lord's will and following Jesus is not a place the enemy wants you to be. He will throw things at you and discourage you without remorse. He is the enemy of our Lord and Saviour and when you trust Jesus and step out in faith, that makes you his enemy as well. When we are discouraged and frustrated with our circumstances, we need to trust Jesus and keep our eyes on Him. Throw off the "stuff" that discourages and plow through with your eyes on eternity.

A question I learned to ask myself a long time ago is this, "Will it matter 5 years from now?" Now I have expanded that to, "Will it make a difference for eternity?" This earth we call home is temporary, yet we have the gift of eternal life thanks to Jesus Christ. Are the things you are doing glorifying Him and making a difference for eternity?

It doesn't matter where you are. God can use you to make an eternal impact if you would seek His face and trust Him with everything you are. Pray and ask Him what He wants you to do for Him. Trust in His ways and plan for your life. May He bless you.

Trusting in Him,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...