Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wisdom in Looking Back

Hi all! I apologize for being so long since my last post. God has been doing amazing things in my life and I pray you can see Him working in yours too!! We serve a great God who is always near and always cares what we are going through. Of this I am certain. I have been reading through the Bible, following a chronological reading pattern, which I began in January. It amazes me how the Scriptures come alive each time I read it. No matter how many times I have read or studied an account or story in the Bible, each time there is a new lesson or promise to pick up. Truth is encapsulated within the covers of The Holy Bible.

I want to encourage you to pick up the Bible and begin reading it. If the whole seems too big, begin with a verse, then read a chapter, and then a book. It will amaze you how rich and wonderful the experience of relationship with God is when you read, study, and meditate on His Word. Romans 15:4 states it poetically. "For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

There is wisdom in looking back. Not looking back at all the negative things in our lives, but looking back at the things God has done. When I read the account of God speaking to Moses, raising him up as a leader (as unlikely as that seemed), and giving him everything he needed to bring those people (great in number) out of Egypt and eventually to the Promised Land; well, it makes my heart race.We know He was able in Moses' time, so why do we think He is not able now? We are talking about the same God who does not change.

In Luke 1, an angel appeared to Mary, announcing that she would become mother to the Messiah. He told her, "For with God nothing will be impossible." (vs 37) If you doubt God, you may want to take the time to get to know Him better. I encourage you to grab a Bible and start reading. Pray and ask Him to open your eyes to the truth. Pray asking God to open your mind to understand all that you read. He will reveal things to you as you are ready for them. It is amazing what we can learn, how we can grow, and how much wisdom there is in studying the Word of God. May He bless you and be near you as you journey with Him.

With prayers,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something about the Water

There's something about the water that allows me to box up all my cares and give them to God. When life gets heavy and I need to let go,...